Record an Audio File
- Smartphone apps: iPhone or Android
- Laptop or Desktop with a Webcam: Audacity(iOS/Win, free), Tech Tips: Audacity(PDF)
Insert an Audio File into a PowerPoint File and Publish as a Video
- Record a separate audio file for each slide (recommended).
- On each PowerPoint slide, click on the “Insert” tab and select “Insert Audio (from file)” then navigate to the audio file for that slide.
- To publish a PowerPoint as a video:
- Mac: “Save As Movie,” name the file, and click “Save”.
- PC: “Export or Save & Send,” select “Create a Video”, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
- For more information, please visit the MS Office support page
Add a Video to Blackboard
- How to Upload Video to Fordham YouTube and Embed the Video in Blackboard Course Item
- How to Upload Video to Fordham Google Drive and Embed the Video in Blackboard Course Item
Record a Screencast
- Nimbus browser based
- Screencast-o-matic can be used in the browser or installed on the computer (limited to 15 minutes).
- Jing installed on the computer (limited to 5 minutes recording time).
- Quicktime (iOS)
- Gamebar (Windows)
Educreations creates a short video using iPad