Cutraro, Jennifer. “Teaching About Cybersecurity: Taking Steps to Improve Online Safety and Prevent Data Breaches.” The New York Times. N.p., 11 Dec. 2014. Web. 05 Jan. 2017.
- What’s in a P@$w*rd? (Infographic)
- How common is your password? (Infographic)
- Urbina, Ian. “The Secret Life of Passwords.” New York Times. N.p., 19 Nov. 2014. Web. 19 Oct. 2016.
- Two Factor Auth A list of websites and whether or not they support 2FA
- Mishra, Ashutosh. “Two Factor Authentication – Something You Know, Something You Have.” TechSnuff. N.p., 29 Mar. 2015. Web. 19 Oct. 2016.
- Tor Software to use to browse the web anonymously
- HTTPS Everywhere Browser extension that forces websites to encrypted pages
- Duck Duck Go Search engine that doesn’t track you (set as the default)
- KeePassX Password manager, use in conjunction with 2-Factor Authentication*
- Signal Encrypted instant messenger & calling without having to change your numb (see also Security Tips Every Signal user Should Know)… and now Signal is available for the desktop!
- Bonus: Encrypting Your Laptop Like You Mean It
Malware, Phishing, and other Threats
- Everything you need to know about today’s net neutrality victory in seven minutes
- What Happens Now With Net Neutrality?
Also see The Internet, Part II page of Kristen’s Wiki